Beginning in January 2011, the Log Your Memory Challenge Team will take the place of our current Creative Team, the Calendar Girls. Read on to find out more about this opportunity...
What is the Log Your Memory Challenge Team?
The Log Your Memory Challenge Team is a group of talented and enthusiastic memory-keepers who have agreed to share their creative vision for everyday "real life" scrapbooking with our community in exchange for a few perks & special status on the Log Your Memory website.
In general, Challenge Team members...
- Play a significant role in encouraging, inspiring and supporting Memory Logbook owners in their use of the Weekly Challenge series included in the Logbook.
- Contribute to team blog posts featured on the LYM site blog.
- Host and/or participate in LYM Challenge Chats.
- Participate in the LYM Gallery.
- Help spread the word about the Log Your Memory community and all it has to offer.
- Fall under the direction of the Team Leader - the fabulously talented Alyson Hall.
What are the expectations of a Challenge Team member?
Challenge Team members agree:
• To commit to a six-month term.
• To actively participate in the Layout Gallery by posting layouts, comments & replies on a regular basis.
• To allow your "real" name to be revealed & used in connection with Log Your Memory (as opposed to only your username).
• To promote Log Your Memory as much as possible through your personal blogs, networking sites & other social contacts.
• To participate as much as possible in scheduled events at Log Your Memory, such as chats, challenges, polls, and the like.
• To represent Log Your Memory in a way that is professional and respectful of others, with an emphasis on remaining sensitive to the policies of other businesses & Websites.
• To maintain the confidentiality of the team and of Log Your Memory, including all special projects, discussions, future plans or other information to which you have access.
• To accept and complete a handful of assigned tasks each month, under the direction of the Team Leader, which may include:
***** Completing & posting Weekly Challenge layouts (a minimum of 2 per month, per team member).
***** Writing blog posts loosely related to the monthly challenge theme.
***** Choosing the Layout of the Week from the Weekly Challenge gallery.
***** Compiling Story Board posts.
***** Hosting the Weekly Challenge Chat. (no chats July & August)
***** Contributing material to the Memory Minder email service for Memory Logbook owners.
***** Comment on gallery layouts, particularly those in the Weekly Challenge gallery.
***** Other projects & tasks as they arise.
What can a Challenge Team member expect from Log Your Memory?
• A free half-year downloadable copy of the Memory Logbook which covers the term for which you are a member.
• A discount for personal purchases in the LYM Online Store.
• Special status on the Log Your Memory site, including permission to add a Log Your Memory Challenge Team Member blinkie to their signature in the forum & gallery.
• Access to the private Challenge Team forum.
• No limit on the number of layouts you may post to the Layout Gallery.
• Access to downloadable products and other special items provided by our Guest Designers.
• The opportunity to contribute to special projects that may come along throughout the year.
• Lots and lots of appreciation & respect from the Log Your Memory Challenge Team Leader and the Site Administrator!!!!!
Are Challenge Team members required to sign a contract?
Challenge Team members are provided a list of expectations when invited to join the team and a deadline by which to reply. Acceptance of the invitation implies acceptance of the terms & expectations. There is no other formal contract.
If selected, how long will I be a Challenge Team member?
Challenge Team assignments are for one six-month period, officially beginning on January 1st or July 1st. Members will be asked to participate in orientation and preparation type activities during the month prior to the beginning of their term.
What happens if a Challenge Team member is unable to complete the entire six-month term?
We understand that life can take unexpected turns and therefore do not penalize anyone if they are unable to complete their term. Such situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis, including the decision whether to fill the vacated position for the remainder of that term.
Are Log Your Memory Challenge Team members restricted regarding their involvement on other teams for outside designers or businesses?
We do not restrict Challenge Team members from involvement on other teams, provided they are able to meet the expectations of the Log Your Memory Challenge Team. In fact, we encourage those who are on other CTs to consider applying for our team because of the unique opportunity to promote their respective designers. You are encouraged to combine your CT assignments by using the Memory Logbook challenge prompts as starting points for the pages you create for your other CT assignments, thus allowing you to complete all of your layout requirements without having to create separate pages for each team you are on. (Feel free to contact us for further clarification.)
What qualities does the ideal Challenge Team member possess?
An ideal Log Your Memory Challenge Team member is an active memory-keeper with an interest in preserving memories in a way that authentically reflects their "real life"... the good, the bad, the everyday and the extraordinary. Internet access is a must, as well as the ability to participate on the team "most" weeks during the term. Scrapbookers and other memory-keepers of all ages & backgrounds are welcome to apply. Paper scrapbookers are welcome to participate, provided they are able to provide a clear digital image of their layouts for the Gallery. Preference may be given to individuals who are active members of the Log Your Memory community when making Challenge Team selections, but all interested persons are encouraged to apply.
How can I become a member of the Challenge Team?
Team invitations will generally be through an open application process, though we reserve the right to extend individual private invitations as well. Calls will generally take place in November and May of each year, with members selected soon after. Be sure to keep an eye on the Log Your Memory blog or subscribe to our Weekly Wrap-Up for news and announcements regarding the Challenge Team throughout the year.
What else do I need to know?
The Site Administrator reserves the right to change policies & expectations regarding the Challenge Team at any time. Should changes occur mid-term, existing Challenge Team members will have the option to end their involvement if they so choose without any negative repercussions.
Who do I contact if I have other questions about the Challenge Team?
For more information, please send a message to the Team Leader or the Site Administrator.