New on the Log Your Memory blog ...
Our Sweet Talk Journaling Challenge moves right along today with yet another method of journaling to test out on your scrapbook pages.
If you haven’t completed the first four challenges yet – creating a list, using the ABCs, sharing a conversation and incorporating a fairy tale – don’t worry. You have until March 3rd to get all of your layouts posted and qualify for our special prize. Just keep scrapping right along and you’ll get there!
Today we’re going to work with a method that can be interpreted many ways…
Sweet Talk Journaling Challenge #5
To compare and contrast is really just showing how two or more things relate to one another, potentially including both their similarities and their differences.
On a scrapbook page, this could take several formats. For instance, you could share the pros and cons of a particular event, circumstance, behavior, relationship or feeling. Another angle would be to take a look at two or more time periods, such as a “then and now” type scenario or a “through the years” type of comparison. The timespan could be decades … or even just minutes. Or maybe your story illustrates two sides of the same coin, so to speak.
Here are a few great examples to help get you started…
"Just Me" by clmisener @ Weeds and Wildflowers
"100 Things" by neeceebee @ My Scrapbook Art
"Traveler" by Ali Edwards @ Designer Digitals
"Then and Now" by colleenstearns @ Designer Digitals
- Pick a topic and create a new scrapbook page that uses the method of compare & contrast to tell your story.
- Post that page in this album in our Sweet Talk Journaling Challenge Gallery. The deadline for all Sweet Talk Challenge Layouts is midnight (MTN) on Wednesday, March 3, 2010.
- Visit this thread in our Community Forum and link us up to your layout.
- Once your link is verified, the above Sweet Talk award will appear in your profile and in your signature.
- Keep an eye on this page to track our Log Your Memory Sweet Talkers!
- Watch for the next Sweet Talk Journaling Challenge topic … make sure you don’t miss a post by subscribing to our Blog!
Share a comment ...