Entertainment: WEEKLY CHALLENGE #47
Time Capsule Ideas:
* tools used in your hobby
* supplies or supply packaging
* photos or samples of items you create via your hobby
A closer look at the journaling…
“As if I didn’t already have enough to keep me busy in life, I’ve started yet another hobby – making fabric flowers and jewelry. I stumbled across a blog with tons of crafty ideas and at first really got into the idea of applique pillows and making fun bags for the kids, but there were some fabric flower tutorials that sparked my creative energy and you’ve got to watch out when that happens! I’ve been slightly obsessed with this whole thing, staying up each night practicing my flowers and turning them into necklaces, pins, hair accessories and headbands. I’m so lucky that Jason supports me in my adventures – he’s been helping me, especially with the jewelry making (he’s a natural!). My goal is to sell some of these at the yard sale to help pay for the cost of my supplies and then I’d like to get them loaded into my Etsy shop some day. It’s been a long time (since before the days of Etsy) since I’ve used my love of crafting to fund my own hobbies and it feels really good to have something new to pursue. There’s no telling how long this one will last, but I’m sure it won’t be the last hobby I pick up and run with.”
Get those creative juices flowing…
* What hobbies or favorite activities do you entertain yourself by doing?
* What do you enjoy most about your hobbies?
* How did you learn your hobby?
* How much time do you spend on your hobby? How do you fit it into your daily life?
* Where do you find ideas, inspiration or new projects within your hobby?
* do you do your hobby-related activities? Do you do them alone or with others?
* What new hobbies would you like to try?
Documenting this part of your life now may help others…
* Find out more about your individual interests and hobbies, how you got started doing them and why you enjoy them.
* Perhaps strengthen a bond between you if you share common hobby interests.
* Create a hobby portfolio album which includes photos and stories related to your favorite creations or projects.
* Share your hobby knowledge by creating an album of tutorials or a hobby-based blog.
Additional 2012 Design Team sample layouts for Weekly Challenge #47 may be found in this week’s Challenge Gallery… if you complete this challenge yourself, please consider posting your project in the gallery as well so others may be inspired by YOU!
Coming Friday on the Time Capsule blog… additional inspiration to help you complete Weekly Challenge #47 from this week’s sample layout artist, Jaime Grove.