Foods: WEEKLY CHALLENGE #30
Time Capsule Ideas:
* nutrition information
* recipe box
A translation of the journaling…
“In my family there are recipes that are circulated, such as the recipe for currant bread, which we’ll bake for Easter and Christmas, and the recipe for cheese fondue. That’s a recipe for parties, birthdays, etc. After I married I copied the recipe and we are still eating this every now and then. For me this is always a little party because cheese fondue reflects for me long evenings at the table, cozyness and time for each other. While I was working on this layout, we of course were eating cheese fondue for dinner. And to my surprise, my mom and dad were too!”
500 grams grated cheese
1 can tomato purée
1/4 liter whipped cream
1 liter meat bouillon
50 grams flour
Get those creative juices flowing…
* Do you follow recipes?
* Do you like to create or alter recipes?
* Are there certain recipes you have memorized?
* Do you like to cook? Bake?
* If you are not the cook in the family, who is? Has that always been the case?
* Do you prepare meals or baked items from scratch or prefer packaged mixes?
* Do you consider yourself a good cook? Do others?
* What is the origin of your favorite recipes or dishes?
Documenting this part of your life now may help others…
* Develop an awareness or appreciation for the origin of family recipes and/or food-related traditions.
* Recreate, experience and enjoy your favorite recipes or dishes.
* Create an album that incorporates both family recipes and memories connected to them, perhaps even commentary from the cooks who used them.
* Share your journaling for any “instructional” type stories via a recipe format.
* Use a family cookbook as the binder/cover or base for a scrapbook album featuring family recipes, traditions or other related memories.
Additional 2012 Design Team sample layouts for Weekly Challenge #30 may be found in this week’s Challenge Gallery… if you complete this challenge yourself, please consider posting your project in the gallery as well so others may be inspired by YOU!
Coming tomorrow on the Time Capsule blog… additional inspiration to help you complete Weekly Challenge #30 from this week’s sample layout artist, Miranda Wedekind.