If you’ve been around Log Your Memory for a while, you know we’re constantly working to improve our products & services for our fans and followers. Along that vein, we’re going to do things just a bit differently in connection with the development and promotion of the 2012 version of our Memory Logbook.
That means today I have an exciting opportunity to share…
I am currently searching for members of our first Memory Logbook Design Team. This team of talented scrapbookers will take on a very special role here at LYM… creating the sample layouts to be featured in our 2012 Memory Logbook as well as serving as our Challenge Team for the 2012 calendar year… with a bit of a twist.
Rather than a year-long To Do list, those chosen for our 2012 team will do the bulk of their “work” during the month of September 2011 and then will be able to largely sit back and enjoy the fruits of their efforts for the entire year that follows, including the following benefits:
2012 Design Team Members will enjoy…
- A free print-your-own PDF copy of the 2012 Memory Logbook and corresponding Memory Minder email subscription
- A 50% discount on all other regularly priced products in the 2012 Memory Logbook line, including print items
- A 25% discount on all other regularly priced products available through the Log Your Memory Store
- A 25% commission on all products sold as a result of participation in the Log Your Memory Affiliate Program
- Access to any and all digital goodies provided at Log Your Memory during 2012 by Guest Designers or other special guests
- A FREE Individual Online Workspace Account at Scrap Assistant, our new sister site, during your team term.
- Unlimited uploads to the Log Your Memory Gallery
- Exposure as a special contributor to the Memory Logbook!
As a Design Team member, you will…
- Receive FOUR randomly assigned Weekly Challenges from the 2012 Memory Logbook, which you will then use as inspiration to create a sample scrapbook layout or mini album for each challenge (four items total). TWO of these layouts will be selected for publication in the Memory Logbook and the remaining TWO will be added to the Challenge Gallery as supplementary layouts for the correlating week. You will agree not to post, publish or otherwise share any of these challenges or resulting layouts anywhere else until 2013 and you will be expected to provide a full credit/supply list for each creation.
- Write two blog posts – one for each of the two layouts chosen to be published in the Memory Logbook. (More details about the content of these posts will be provided.)
- Complete a Q&A style questionnaire about you as a scrapbooker who strives to capture everyday real life memories.
- Provide a profile photo of yourself for use on the site.
- Provide all layouts, blog posts and other assigned content no later than September 30, 2011. In other words, all of your “required” work as a Design Team member will be done before the year even starts but you’ll still get the visibility & benefits of being a team member for the whole year!
- OPTIONAL – Share your enthusiasm for Log Your Memory and the 2012 Memory Logbook throughout the year with your friends, fans and followers via our Affiliate Program and/or your own personal website, blog and/or social networking channels.
Frequently Asked Questions…
Can you tell me more about the 2012 Weekly Challenges? The theme of the 2012 edition is still under wraps, but I can tell you that the content & prompts will be focused on capturing everyday real life, with a particular focus on the “things” that are part of your daily life. Selected team members will receive more details upon agreeing to participate on the team.
If chosen, when would I receive my assignments & information? Assignments will be made immediately upon team selection, hopefully no later than September 6th to allow nearly four full weeks to get them completed.
Are there opportunities for involvement after the initial September assignments? Absolutely! Selected team members will be welcome (just not required) to contribute to the LYM blog and via other avenues throughout 2o12.
When will the team be selected? Applications will be accepted through August 31, 2011, with team selections & invitations made soon after.
Is this opportunity open to paper scrappers? YES! Both digital and paper scrapbookers are welcome to apply. We would love to offer positions to both so that our future Memory Logbook will appeal to all kinds of scrapbookers. Paper scrapbookers will be asked to submit either very clear photos of their creations or mail the actual item (which will be later returned).
Can I use a layout I’ve already created if it fits my assigned challenge? No… all sample layouts for the 2012 Logbook need to be brand new, never-before-shared original layouts or mini albums inspired specifically by the Weekly Challenge.
Is there any additional compensation for layouts chosen for the 2012 Memory Logbook? No. The benefits described above are the only guaranteed compensation at this time.
When will the 2012 Memory Logbook be published? We anticipate release to the public by the end of October 2011.
Have other questions? Comment below & we’ll get them answered for you as soon as we see them…
Ready to toss your hat in the ring?
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2011.
Know a scrapbooker who might be perfect for this opportunity? Please share the link with them!