The great thing about the New Year is the feeling of having a fresh slate and new opportunities to follow your dreams and accomplish your goals.
This is especially true at Log Your Memory. With the calendar-based Memory Logbook serving as the core of our site, it’s only natural that the beginning of the year brings with it new people, new perspectives and new opportunities.
As there are lots of very welcome new faces hanging out on our site and getting to know the community, as well as the Memory Logbook, I’d like to take this opportunity to delve a little deeper into what Log Your Memory is all about and what’s on tap for 2011…
Everyday, real life … captured
In a nutshell, Log Your Memory is here to help anyone interested in capturing their everyday, real life memories … for themselves as well as future generations. Our primary tool for doing so is the Memory Logbook – a collection of calendar pages, questionnaires and journaling prompts designed to help you document your daily life and perhaps trigger ideas for memories, feelings, beliefs and experiences you might not otherwise think to document. The book can be used as a place to store information for later scrapbooking or it could easily be your sole source of memory-keeping, similar to a journal.
Supporting the Memory Logbook is the Challenge Team, a group of 16 talented scrapbookers let by Team Leader Alyson Hall dedicated to encouraging, inspiring and assisting the community with accomplishing these goals. They do this through active involvement in our community forum, as well as our layout gallery, in addition to playing a significant role in activities surrounding the Memory Logbook, such as our Weekly Challenge Chat and the Memory Minder email service which comes with every Memory Logbook purchase that includes the Weekly Challenges component.
While ownership of the Memory Logbook and/or enrollment in our Memory Minder service are not required for membership and participation on our site, they are definitely helpful as they are the only way to gain access to the Weekly Challenge series from which most of our community activities are drawn.
Changes for 2011 …
- The Memory Logbook has been completely updated with a new central theme … “This Is My Life” … as well as monthly focus areas and all new challenges.
- The Log Your Memory Challenge Team has taken the place of the Calendar Girls, our 2010 Creative Team. The new team will be much more involved on the site, including contributing posts for the blog every Tuesday, compiling our Story Board (a collection of inspirational real life layouts found around the Web) twice a month, choosing our Layout of the Week from the Weekly Challenge gallery each Friday, sharing tips and helpful information in our Memory Minder emails, and more…
- The Book Club has ended, with the new Memory Minder email service taking its place as a mechanism for communicating with Memory Logbook owners and providing access to special benefits and other information.
- Our Weekly Challenge Chats will continue, now hosted by the Challenge Team at 1 p.m. (Mountain Time) each Monday in the LYM Chat Room. These are a very casual opportunity to brainstorm about the current Weekly Challenge and a great way to get to know the Challenge Team and your fellow community members. If you attend, you will receive a free layered template download during the chat provided by our monthly Guest Designer. If you miss the chat and are subscribed to our Memory Minder service, you can still access the template link via the following week’s reminder email. These template links will no longer be posted in the forum, so if you’d like to grab the template, be sure to either attend the chat or subscribe to the Memory Minder service.
- Our monthly Guest Designer program will continue, with each visiting designer sharing a brand new digi-kit created especially for us in conjunction with the monthly Weekly Challenge theme. As before, if you complete a layout for the Weekly Challenge and post it in that week’s challenge gallery before noon on Thursday, you will receive a portion of the Guest Designer’s new kit via email sometime during the following week. Complete all of the challenges during the month and you will have collected the entire digi-kit for free! Our Guest Designers also typically share a special coupon code good toward product purchases in their own individual stores. New for 2011: These coupon codes will be shared via the Memory Minder emails.
- Some reorganization and simplification of the Log Your Memory website has already begun, with more changes planned in the next few months. This includes a more streamlined category list in the forum, as well as the end of the LYM Community Participation program (our former points-based system). A complete blog re-design is also in the works.
As always, we are very open to feedback, including ideas, suggestions, questions or whatever else is on your mind. Feel free to contact email@example.com whenever the mood strikes. We also encourage you to become an active member of the community by participating in the forum, posting layouts in the gallery, commenting on layouts and blog posts, checking in on our Facebook community page, sharing your thoughts with us via Twitter and more.
Like most things, the more you put into your involvement at Log Your Memory, the more you will get out of it.
Happy New Year!! Let’s make it a memorable one… together!