Two things on tap for today … a reminder about tonight’s challenge chat and more information on the benefits of getting involved in the Log Your Memory community!
Guest Designer Template Challenge Chat
Plan to join us this evening at 7 p.m. Mountain/9 p.m. Eastern for our Template Challenge Chat with July Guest Designer Jennifer Fox of Jennifer Fox Designs.
A free layered template, a fun scrapbooking challenge, a reward for posting your layout before the deadline, and the chance to hang out with friends & get to know Jenn.
Community Involvement Program
You may have noticed some new little icons popping up in your profile or next to member usernames in the forum. They are part of our new Memory Jogger Community Involvement Program, which is designed to encourage active participation in the Log Your Memory community. While we welcome guests and love to see friends hanging out on the site, it’s even more fun when everyone gets involved … in conversations, by posting layouts, sharing comments, voting in polls … you name it!
So to help spur that involvement, our new program rewards active participants with points based on various activities and a series of participation awards for accumulating increasing point totals.
For instance, registered members who are logged in on the site will receive points for …
- Filling out your individual profile.
- Starting a forum thread or posting a comment on an existing thread.
- Posting a layout in the gallery or leaving love on other posted layouts.
- Voting in a poll or starting one of your own.
- Showing your appreciation for a forum thread or comment by clicking on the “like” button below it.
- Sharing your thanks for a forum thread or comment by clicking on the “thank” button below it.
- Referring friends to the site who indicate the username of the person who referred them at the time of registration.
- Participating in social groups on the site.
- Tagging forum threads.
- Writing a blog post in the Memory Blogger community.
- Many more … click here for a more in-depth list of point earning opportunities.
Points are earned automatically, with no need for you to do anything except jump in and get involved. Additionally, special points and awards are given for having a Layout of the Week and other various activities on the site, which are awarded manually by the site administrator. The more you play, the more points you’ll earned. You can take a peek at your current points and other program statistics by clicking on the Participation tab at the top of the forum or gallery. There is also a tab located in your profile.
Each time you reach a designated point level, you’ll receive a Memory Jogger achievement award which will appear in your profile and alongside your forum posts.
Spectator – A registered member who has not really started participating on the site and has earned fewer than 15 points.
Warming Up – A registered member who has started getting involved and has earned at least 15 points.
Jogging Buddy – A registered member who has become a regular & active member of the site and has earned at least 500 points.
Real Life Runner – A registered member committed to real life scrapping and the Log Your Memory community who has earned at least 1000 points.
Marathoner – The highest level of achievement in the Memory Jogger program reserved for members who have earned at least 2000 points. Marathoners are automatically promoted to Team LYM, which brings with it special site privileges.
Some of the special benefits of Team LYM have already been determined, including …
- No limit on the number of layouts uploaded to the gallery each day.
- The opportunity to create individual photo albums via your personal profile page.
- Special product previews & discounts.
- The chance to be invited to join the Log Your Memory Leadership Team, which will take the place of the Calendar Girls Creative Team beginning in January 2011.
I’d like your input on other benefits you’d enjoy at this level … if you have ideas or suggestions on what would make becoming a Memory Jogger Marathoner even more rewarding, please share them in a comment below!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Kristin Rutten – Get the latest makeup and skincare trends. Visit me, your Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant.
The Launch Coach – Free resources to help you promote YOUR products!
Advertise with Log Your Memory – We offer a variety of economical sponsorship opportunities. Click HERE for more information.
Get the inside scoop, be the first to know about new product releases & get special discounts by subscribing to our new weekly newsletter, the Log Your Memory INSIDER. Delivered directly to your INBOX every Sunday afternoon.