Inspired by Martha … & Feedback Needed

Congratulations to Patsy (flowersgal)! Her layout was randomly chosen as our winner for Inspired by Real Life Scrapbook Challenge #4. I just love her page, which was inspired by a Martha Stewart ad …

"Life's Biggest Challenge" by flowersgal

Patsy, contact me with a link to your favorite online scrapbooking store & a $5 gift certificate will soon be on its way to your inbox!

Now … a few questions for you…

Rather than proceed as planned with our next Inspired by Real Life challenge, today I’d like some feedback.

Not to discount the handful of gals who have been consistently playing along – I’m LOVING your pages!! – but participation has been pretty low with this particular series. Rather than plow forward, I thought it might be helpful to take a breather to see if anyone has suggestions, complaints, concerns or other input that would make this a better fit for a larger audience … or if I should wrap it up and move on to something else.

So… those of you who are listening, I’d love to hear your thoughts. If you’ve been following along but not participating, is there something that would make this challenge more accessible for you? More time? Fewer choices? More choices? Bigger reward? More thorough instructions? More leeway? Do you like the challenge but life is just too busy right now? Are you simply not interested in this approach?

If you could take a few minutes to share, either through a comment below or privately, I’d love to hear from you!! Your feedback will determine whether we continue with this little series….

Jennifer Fox Designs Scrap {Your} Everyday

Advertise with Log Your Memory – We offer a variety of economical sponsorship opportunities. Click HERE for more information.

Get the inside scoop, be the first to know about new product releases & get special discounts by subscribing to our new weekly newsletter, the Log Your Memory INSIDER. Delivered directly to your INBOX every Sunday afternoon.

Comments

1. Caroline B says:

I would love to have played along a bit more but I’ve been a bit busy. maybe run them for 2 weeks.

2. Caroline B says:

3. Tanya says:

Kristin,

My .02

I liked the way the Sweet Talking Challenge was organized. It was nice to be able to compete a page if an idea was quick to come to mind, but if I was struggling a bit to come up with it, I knew I had more time to do that L.O.

4. Tanya says:

Kristin,

My .02

5. This kind of feedback is very helpful girls.. thanks! Keep it coming…

6. This kind of feedback is very helpful girls.. thanks! Keep it coming…

7. Cindi says:

I love the ideas for the challenge and the inspirations you’ve provided are great, but I am really short on time lately and need more time to get something done. I, too, liked the way the Sweet Talker challenge worked and would love more time to work on these – they are worth doing and a lot of fun!

8. Cindi says:

9. I’m too scared to participate in challenges. There is too much to remember about how to post, deadlines, etc. and when I actually get time to scrap I don’t want to be stressed about that πŸ™‚ I do enjoy seeing the winners and taking inspiration from them, so don’t stop!

10. I’m too scared to participate in challenges. There is too much to remember about how to post, deadlines, etc. and when I actually get time to scrap I don’t want to be stressed about that πŸ™‚ I do enjoy seeing the winners and taking inspiration from them, so don’t stop!

11. I have participated in two of these challenges, and have wanted to do more. It has been an issue of time for me too. If the time to turn in a layout for the ones I missed wasn’t “expired” I probably would have done those too. These challenges have been really fun.

12. I have participated in two of these challenges, and have wanted to do more. It has been an issue of time for me too. If the time to turn in a layout for the ones I missed wasn’t “expired” I probably would have done those too. These challenges have been really fun.

13. Jackie says:

I LOVE the challenges and would love to participate but have been lacking in the mojo department lately and in the time department.

14. Jackie says:

15. Kim Jensen says:

I did the first one, and have liked the other ideas presented as well. πŸ™‚ I’m afraid this time of year has just been really busy for me with birthdays, guests, and end-of-school-year activities, and I don’t expect things to slow down until late June or early July. So any layouts I do between now and then will most likely be driven by whatever works for the CT kits I get to play with. I love it when they happen to coincide with an inspiring challenge, but that doesn’t happen too often.

16. Kim Jensen says:

17. Adriana P. says:

I love these challenges – just haven’t had the time to do them. They are thought-provoking but require more than the type of photos I already have to work with. 2 weeks would be better.

18. Adriana P. says:

19. Kara (MommySpice) says:

Its the end of the school year for me, so I haven’t had time. I would LOVE it was set up like the Sweet Talk challenges though. πŸ™‚ That way, when I do have a spot of time, I can get several done. I think the challenges are a great idea in general, though. πŸ™‚

20. Kara (MommySpice) says:

21. Xhater says:

I was slow to get started but only posted the 2nd challenge. I had plans to complete the rest and catch up but my son has had life threatening medical problems during the past month and a half. He had been in and out of the hospital several times. Things seem to be going much better now and the biopsy for possible cancer has been put off due to his pancreas healing. He has a 6 week wait for another CAT Scan to see how much better it has become. I feel like I can work on these challenges now but am willing to wait if the rest of the group perfers. It would give me time to catch up also. These are very cool challenges and I am keeping a list for future reference as I did with the Sweet Talk challenges.

22. Xhater says:

23. facepainter says:

I love the challenge – but due to life – u know….work – bible study – work – face painting – work – husband – work – logbook challenges – oh yeah and lots of work……
    I think I would like a little more time to get the challenges done maybe that would help me –

but I do love this site – and I appreciate your hard work πŸ™‚

blessings

24. facepainter says:

but I do love this site – and I appreciate your hard work πŸ™‚

blessings

25. Cindy says:

I am just now finding this challenge, so would love to see it continue!! I do have one suggestion, post the challenge in the forum at the same time it goes live on the blog. There is something about the blog that makes it hard to determine the latest posts. So, having it in the forum simultaneously might help participation.

26. Cindy says:

27. Katie says:

For me it is a time thing. I do not scrapbook at the pace of a layout a week, even when I’m actively scrapping (which I am not at the moemnt.) I have been saving the emails with the prompts in them, but I haven’t had a chance to try any of them.

I’m not planning to participate in the contest/prize portion of the challenge (no interest) but I am hoping to get a chance to post a random layout or two before the series is finished. (Since I haven’t done any, I haven’t checked, but I hope it is okay to post completely layouts even when the week is long gone. I can’t keep up, but I do want to try some of the ideas if I get a chance.)

28. Katie says: